Happy Birthday Aamir; The Ace Khan
Have a look below to learn some 'not so familiar' facts about the maverick Aamir Khan:
- Aamir has acted in two movies as a child actor – Yaadon Ki Baaraat (1973) and Madhosh (1974).
- Aamir Khan belongs to family of Indian freedom fighter Abul Kalam Azad.
- After Yaadon Ki Baaraat, Aamir quit movies and went on to become the state tennis champion for Maharashtra.
- He is also a descendant of former President of India, Dr Zakir Hussain and a second cousin to former Chairperson of Rajya Sabha, Dr Najma Heptullah.
- Aamir was offered the role of Rahul Mehra in Darr first.
- Aamir Khan is a big fan of Alfred Hitchcock stories.
- Aamir's first wife Reena Dutta made a brief appearance in the popular song sequence 'Pappa Kehte Hain' in Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak.
- In 2007, Khan was invited to have a wax imitation of himself put on display at Madame Tussauds in London. However, Khan politely declined stating that, "It's not important to me... people will see my films if they want to."
- Aamir met his second wife Kiran Rao on the sets of Lagaan. Kiran was an assistant director to Ashutosh Gowariker during the filming of Lagaan.
- Aamir did not give an interview to any Hindi magazine including Filmfare, Stardust, Cineblitz etc for close to 10 years.
- He almost rejected Ashutosh Gowariker’s Oscar nominated Lagaan. 6 drafts of the film were made, Aamir didn’t like any. He liked the 7th draft so much, that he decided to produce the film himself.
- For Sarfarosh, Aamir used to dub in the morning to get a rough voice.
- Although Aishwarya Rai was one of the top actresses of the late 90s and 2000s, she has never worked with Aamir Khan in a film. The closest they have come to working together is in the Coke commercial.
- Aamir Khan took special permission from Amitabh Bachchan to use his son Abhishek’s example in Taare Zameen Par.
- After reading the script of Ghajini, Aamir asked director A.R. Murugadoss to approach Salman Khan instead!
- Aamir can solve the Rubik’s Cube in less than 13 minutes.
- Shankar, one of the biggest directors from the Tamil industry, offered Aamir Khan the lead role in “Nayak – The Real Hero”. When he rejected, Anil Kapoor was signed as the protagonist.
- Aamir was also the first choice to play Sanjay Dutt’s role in Lawrence D’Souza Saajan. The makers were keen on casting Salman and Aamir together, the later didn’t like his character, Dutt loved it and instantly agreed to be a part of the film.
- Sooraj Barjatya’s Hum Aapke Hain Kaun, one of the biggest blockbusters in history, was offered to Aamir who failed to identify with the character of Prem. He didn’t find the script too appealing either.
- After he broke up with Reena Dutta, his first wife, Aamir confessed he spent the next 18 months in a very dark place. He drank heavily during that time and it was then that Salman Khan re-entered his life, spending a lot of time with him.
Here we are wishing the Bollywood genius 'A very happy birthday'.